Prepare / Crack UIIC Assistants Exam (United India Insurance) 2017
If you are preparing for United India Insurance Company UIIC Assistants Exam 2017. Here’s few important information regarding the UIIC Assistant Exam 2017. It was in the month of August when UIIC released the notification for the post of 696 Assistants Vacancy. And the exam is going to held in the moth of September itself. So this is the high time to prepare for UIIC Assistants Exam 2017. In this post you will be getting very important information about How to crack UIIC Assistants Exam 2017 – an Online Test
Admit Card is also available for the UIIC Assistants Exam 2017 – Click here to download
Exam date for Prelims – 22 September 2017
– The very important thing is to be aware of couple of things like prescribed syllabus, Previous cut off marks for UIIC Assistant Exam, you must have checked UIIC Assistants exam previous papers and authentic source of study material. Having these information will save your precious time in preparation, you will get to know how much of hard work you need to do and also it will get you the knowledge of right way of preparation.
I have searched 10s of individual sites, official sites and many other sources to gather all these information. Read all the related information below
United India Insurance UIIC Assistants Exam Pattern:
There is a total change in Exam pattern. It used to be only one exam of 200 marks with 4 sections. Now lets have a look at New Pattern
You need to clear three stages to get a job as a Assistant In United India Insurance
- Regional Language test
Now the Prelims test is of 100 marks and 100 questions and you will only have 1 hr to attempt all the questions
** There will be Sectional cut off and Overall cutoff in both Prelims & Mains Exam like in Bank PO / IBPS PO exam
** There will also be negative marking for each wrong question
The Mains exam of UIIC Assistants is divided into five sections carrying a total of 200 Marks and you need to answer all questions in 120 Minutes. This is also Objective type test
If you are able to crack Mains Exam, you will have to take Regional language test. Language test will be of qualifying nature means marks scored in regional language test will not be added in the final selection process. If you are able to clear regional test then you are eligible for final selection process which will be done on the basis of marks scored in Mains Exam.
Here’s United India Insurance UIIC Assistants Exam Syllabus with difficulty level (Very good analysis by Gradeup) in detail:
English (Pre + Mains)
Topic Number of Question Reading Comprehension 10-15 ( Easy, Moderate, Difficult – you need to select questions those are easy to answer) Difficult ques may consume lot of time Cloze test 5-10 (Scoring, moderate to difficulty, based on grammer or vocablury (Must prepare it well) Error Finding 5-10 (Could be easy, moderate or difficult, prepare grammer very well specially exceptions) Para Jumbles 0-5 (Moderate in all aspects like difficulty level, time consumption & accuracy) (Practice well to score) Para Completion 0-5 (Moderate in all aspects like difficulty level, time consumption & accuracy) (Practice well to score) Sentence Connector 0-5 ( Time Consuming, you can’t make sue if you are 100% correct) – Practising could reduce the time consumption Double Fillers 5 (Mixture of Grammer & Vocab ( Less time consuming, easy to moderate in difficulty) Sentence Correction 5-10 ( Less time consuming if you are well prepared) Idioms/ Phrases / Odd one out 0-5 (Easy to difficult , Less time consuming)
Topic Number of Questions Seating Arrangements (Cirular, Linear, rectengular, with directions, blodd relarions etc) 10 (Could be easy, moderate or difficult, less time consuming if you know the technique to solve & practised enough) Syllogisms 0-5 (Scoring, Less time consuming if you have done lot of practice) Coding & Decoding 5 (Easy but Very Time consuming) Inequalities 0-5 (Easy, Less time consuming, Scoring) Puzzle 5-10 (less time consuming, easy to Moderately difficult) Need practice Input – Output 0-5 (Moderate in all aspects) Blood relations, distance-direction, ordering-ranking, Alphanumeric series 5-10 (Easy, Moderate, Difficult) – you need to smart here, identify the easy questions and skip the difficult Verbal Reasoning (Statement & Conclusion, Statement & course of action, Statement & Arguments, cause & effect, Arguments & Assumption, Assertion Reason & Decision Making) 10-12 (These are relatively easy if you prepare well and practice often)
Quant Aptitude Syllabus (Pre +Mains)
Topic Number of Ques Simplification & Approximation 5 (Easy, Less time consuming, Scoring) Number Series 5 (Scoring, Moderate in difficulty, Moderate in time consuming) Quadretic Equation 0-5 ( Easy, less time consuming if you know the shortcuts) Data Interpretation (DI) 10-15 (atleast 7-10 easy, 3-5 difficult)(Easy ques and are less time consuming if your know the shortcuts, Scoring) Misc (Average, Percentage, Ci & SI, Profit loss, Time speed distance, Time & Work, Problem on ages, Probability, Permutation & Combination etc.) 10 (combination of easy & difficult, quickly & intelligently glance through for easy questions) Data Sufficiency (Generally comes in mains) 0-5 (Tricky, You can’t be sure if answer is correct, little bit time consuming)
United India Insurance UIIC Assistant Exam 2017 Previous Cut Off Marks :
In the past the pattern was totally different. There used to be only 1 exam of 250 marks. Last time UIIC exam held in 2015 with cutoff marks 170 (unofficial) out of 250 . Let’s have a look at expected cut off for 2017
UIIC Assistant Previous Year Question Paper – As I said the pattern was totally different in the past, syllabus was also different. This time Pattern is different, question became tougher than before. Insurance exams are more like bank Po exams. You need to prepare hard, prepare very well to clear the exam. I personally won’t advise you to rely on previous papers because they outdated. Time has changed alot and so the syllabus, pattern & difficulty level. Instead of preparing on the basis of previous paper check model papers for 2017. Still if you want to have a look at the previous years question, i found couple of them
Few important points to remember and Sources to Prepare United India Insurance UIIC Assistants Exam 2017 :
- Read the syllabus carefully and prioritize the topics, since you don’t have much time to prepare focus on topics which are scoring & easy to attempt. Prioritizing will helps you to cover more syllabus in less time.
- I spoke with my couple of friends who cleared the exam. according to them one thing is very important that is “Practice“. So before it is too late you must consider this aspect. Practice is just like spending time with your partner. More you spend time with questions, more you understand them and will get familier with them. And it becomes very easy for you to attempt and answer the question in less time while taking exam.
- “Time management” is important while taking exam. Since you need to answer 100 question in 60 Minutes. And it is impossible to answer all the questions. So you need to select the questions carefully which you need to answer. Select easy and less time consuming questions.
- While preparing make notes of all maths tricks and shortcut and revise them frequently. And also note down the exceptions from English Grammar that will help in solving “finding errors”
- Join some test series so that you can identify your weak areas and work on them. So you need to physically go some coaching center, everything is online there are plenty of website that provide online test series like GradeUp, Testbook, MeritShine etc.
- To prepare Maths tricks watch youtube videos by MeritShine, Very helpful videos, you will get enough confidence after watching and learning maths tricks. Watch videos published on SBI PO Quant section. Don’t worry these videos are not only for SBI exam. It covers major topics that may appear on any government exam. These videos are helpful to prepare Quant section of any exam. Only differnce that I have noticed in SBI PO quant and Other exam Quant is level of difficulty. SBI PO quant is relatively difficult than Others. So If you prepare for difficult, you will able to attempt easier question efficiently. Questions in UIIC Asst exam may be easier if we compare it with SBI PO exam, but in reality it is a diffcult exam which require a lot of practice and hard work.
Sources to prepare for UIIC Assistants Exam 2017 :
|Subject||Books with Author|
|English||General English (For Grammer) – SP Bakshi – Buy on Flipkart (Buy this when you have sufficient time to prepare)
Vocabulary – Norman Lewis- Click here to Buy (Buy this when you have sufficient time to prepare like minimum 2 Months)
Revision – Paramount Coaching Notes – Click to Buy
|Reasoning||Reasoning Videos by Meritshine – CLick here to Watch
Bankersadda for free practice sets (Click to Visit)
Kiran’s Practice book – Click here to buy
|Quant Apti||Quant Videos by Meritshine – Click here to watch (Very Nice Source)
Magical Maths by M.Tyra – Click here to Buy (Only buy if have sharp memory and ability to remember shortcuts. This book gives no explanation, only shortcuts to answer a question, deal with this book carefully. If you won’t remember you will mix up everything)
Bankersadda for free practice sets (Click to Visit)
Kiran’s Practice book – Click here to buy
|Computer||Will update Soon|
|GK||Will update Soon|
Thats all for now, prepare for Prelims while I work to find important information regarding UIIC Assistants Exam Mains section.
Good luck all!