Important Tips to Crack RBI Assistant Exam 2017
Reserve Bank of India (RBI), Central banking institution has released the notification for 623 Assistant Vacancy. All the eligible and interested candidates have a very good opportunity to grab a job in RBI. So to give you a little hand we have done some research on RBI Assistant exam latest pattern, RBI Assistant syllabus latest, RBI Assistant Exam previous cut off and of course we have few tips on how to crack RBI Assistant Exam 2017.
Understanding the RBI Assistant Exam pattern, Syllabus is very very important. So do not skip this part. It wont take long to understand the things But It can save a lot of time for your preparation. This exam faces a lot of competition as lakhs of candidates apply for the post. So you must have all your tools ready.
If you want, You can Check Eligibility & Job notification Here
- RBI Assistant Exam Pattern [Latest]
- Latest RBI Assistant Syllabus 2017
- Previous Question Papers for RBI Assistant Exam
- Official Previous year Cut Off marks fro RBI Assistants Exam
- Important Tips to remember
- Sources or Books to prepare RBI Assistant Exam 2017
RBI Assistant Exam Pattern for Prelims & Mains [Latest] :
This time RBI has made few changes in the exam pattern (Mains). Check the important points in the next line. It is a 3 tier exam Viz. Prelims, Mains & Language Proficiency Test (LPT).
Important Points to remember (2 changes in the pattern) :
1. (1st change) This time there is Sectional Time Limit in the Mains Exam. It means you can’t switch between sections now.
2. (2nd change) In total now you will get 2 Hours 15 minutes instead of 2 Hours.(In Mains)
3. If you remember, last year Interview was replaced with language proficiency test (LPT). So it’s important to clear the LPT, if you fail to clear the LPT you will be disqualified. 1st you need to clear the Prelims. With in a month after Prelims, you will take Mains (Only if you clear Prelims). And if you are able to clear Mains Exam, You will have to take LPT in Regional/Local Language.
4. Candidate’s selection will be done on the basis of Main Exam Only. So you just need to reach cut off marks in Prelims. You need to make a strategy to score maximum marks in Mains. And again in LPT you just need to qualify it
5. There will be a -ve Marking of 1/4 marks for each wrong answer in both prelims & mains
|Test||No. of Questions||Marks||Time Allotted|
|Test||No. of Questions||Marks||Time Allotted|
|English Language||40||40||30 mins|
|Quant. Aptitude||40||40||30 mins|
|General Awareness||40||40||25 mins|
|Computer Knowledge||40||40||20 mins|
RBI Assistant Syllabus for Prelims & Mains [Latest] :
Check the RBI Assistants Exam Syllabus in detail below
1. English Language
- Reading Comprehension
- Error finding or Error Spotting
- Phrase Replacement
- Cloze Test
- Fill in the blanks (Based on Vocabulary or Grammer)
- Sentence Improvement
- Circular, Linear, Rectangular Sitting Arrangements
- Blood Relation
- Data Sufficiency
- Distance & Direction
- Coding & Decoding
- Arrangements & Pattern (Number, Alphabets & Other)
- Decision Making
- Double Line-Up
- Grouping & Selection (Based on teams, Committees etc)
3. Quantitative Aptitude
- DI (Data Interpretation)
- Quadratic Equation
- Simplification / Approximation
- Number Series
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Profit & Loss
- Problems on Ages
- Ratio & Proportion
- Boats & Streams
- Pipes & Cisterns
- Time, Speed & distance
- Time & Work
- Permutation & Combination, Probability
4. General Awareness
- News related to Reserve Bank of India (RBI) & Other Banks
- Bank Rate, Repo, Reverse Repo, Bank Rate etc. (Just glance through all bank related rates)
- Banking / Financial Awareness / Economics news
- Current Affairs – Questions may come from various fields such as: National, International, Awards, Sports, Defence, Summits, Appointment, Books & Authors and Obituary etc.
5. Computer Knowledge
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Other)
- All About Internet
- All about a computer, Memory system, Drive, Operating System etc
- Computer Generation
- Computer Hardware
- Abbreviations related to computer
RBI Assistant Previous Years Papers :
Assistants Exam Pattern has changed alot over the last few years. Difficulty level of questions has increased. You previous years questions were comparatively easy. So don’t just depend upon previous papers. Check latest model papers on internet. Anyway if you want have a look few here we have the links to download previous papers
- RBI Assistants 2012 Question PDF
- RBI Assistants 2013 Question PDF
- RBI Assistants 2014 Question PDF
- RBI Assistants 2015 Question PDF
RBI Assistant Previous Years Cut Off Marks [Official] :
- Click to check Prelims 2016 Cut Off
2016 Mains for General – Reasoning (14). English (14), Quant (14), GK (14), Computer Awareness (14)
- Click here to know overall state wise Cut off for 2015 ,2014, 2013 & 2012
Important Tips to Crack RBI Assistant Exam 2017 and Sources to prepare :
1. Prepare both prelims and mains together. Many candidates commit this mistake. They prepare for only prelims and decide to prepare for mains only if they clear Prelims. This approach is very wrong. By chance or by luck (which happens very rarely) if you clear the prelims, you won’t have enough time to prepare for Mains. Mains exam is just an advanced version of prelims with much more difficult questions. So if you prepare for advance (Mains) you can easily crack basic (Prelim exam). However there are few that you will see in Prelims but not in Mains & Vice Versa. So prepare those topics accordingly
2. Make sure you go through full syllabus and determine or make a list of very important and less important topics. Do it for prelims and mains both.
3. Now make a list of those important topics you are Weak in. Because thats what make you crack the examination. And definitely you need to work hard in topics you are weak in. Working hard includes fixing the study hours, learning all kinds of shortcuts, lot of practice (important), take tests, Join test series (important), analyzing yourself from time to time, checking on a regular interval whether you have overcome your weaknesses or not etc.
4. Practice lots of questions on a particular topic. Practice is extremely important to crack any government exam. If you just keep learning tricks and not trying to solve question, that is just waste of time. Let’s say you have fixed 5 hours a day for your preparation. Then you should study or learn shortcut or tricks for 3 hours and you should practice questions in the remaining 2 hours. Practice is very very important.You can skip it if you have an extraordinary brain. 🙂 🙂 Just kidding. But do practice.
5. Don’t buy too many books to learn tricks. Buy Books that gives you variety of questions to solve.
6. If your English section is weak. Then it is time to make it strong. Aspirants generally take this section very lightly, which is not good. This is the section which takes very less time, due to lack of preparation in english candidates make lot of mistakes. So you can take benefit of this section. You can use this section as a weapon to defeat the monster. Take this section very seriously if you haven’t taken it seriously. It contains two sections – Grammer & Vocabulary. Examiner generally ask for exceptions. If you haven’t read those exceptions, you will definitely get negative marks. There are two important books, you must check those books atleast once. Very nice books, extremely helpful.
–> For Vocabulary – Word Power made easy by Norman Lewis (Click here to check). You will love reading this and you will see improvement in vocabulary as you keep on reading.
–> For Grammer – Objective General English by SP Bakshi (Click here to check). Very nice book for those with weak grammer. It contains lots of exceptions which are helpful from exam point of view. You may find this book a little boring. But content in this book is very nice.
7. Make sure you complete your preparation 15-20 days in advance. Keep these 15-20 days for Test series. Take 1 full length test everyday. Check your result. With the help of this result you will be able to find your weak areas or weaknesses that you can mitigate in other few days. This also helps you in time management.
8. Time Management. Very important thing and it require good strategy when you are taking the real test. Very basic thing to understand is, you will have 60 minutes to solve 100 questions. Right? and you know practically it is not possible to answer all 100 questions. Agree? So you have to select the questions carefully that you can answer in time and reach the cutoff. In real exam you may find few easy questions which are really easy and you can answer them in few seconds. You may also find other easy questions which you can’t answer in few seconds. which may take upto 2 or 3 minutes to answer. Those questions are generally a trap. Very easy, attractive but time consuming.
Finally the Books or Sources to prepare RBI Assistant Exam 2017
|English||General English (For Grammer) – SP Bakshi – Click here to Buy|
Vocabulary – Norman Lewis- Click here to Buy
Revision – Paramount Coaching Notes – Click to Buy
|Quant||Magical book on Quicker Math – M. Tyra – Click here to Buy|
Online videos by Meritshine – Click here to watch (Find SBI PO Videos)
|Reasoning||Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning- R S Aggarwal – Click here to Buy |
Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning Hindi – Kiran Publication – Click to Buy
Analytical Reasoning – M K Pandey- Click to Buy
|GK||Static GK – NCERT (6 to 10) – Click to Read online for free|
Current Affairs – Newspaper / Click to read online for free
Revision – Lucent’s GK – Click here to Buy
That’s all my friends. If something is missing or something is confusing , do let us know via comments section below.
Good Luck for you exam !! Work hard and win the race.
For other exam tips , click here