Prepare for or tips to Crack IB ACIO Exam 2017
IB is the India’s Intelligence agency which works under Ministry of Home Affairs. Getting a high profile Job in Intelligence Bureau is a dream of every youth. And ACIO (Assistant Central Intelligence Officer ) Job is one of those high profile jobs which is not easy get. You have to do a real hard work to crack IB ACIO Exam 2017 or to get such a prestigious Job. You landed on this page it means you are trying hard to get through, and if you prepare for the exam delicately, you will be one of those officers.
IB has recently released notification for 1430 ACIO’s Vacancies. Check the notification again here
Let’s have a look at the exam pattern, Syllabus in detail, Previous Cut off marks Etc.
IB ACIO Exam Pattern 2017 (Latest):
IB ACIO Exam is a 3-tier exam. Candidates must clear all the 3 tiers before they get selected for a Assistant Central Intelligence Officer with Intelligence Bureau.
- Tier – I (Preliminary)
- Tier – II (Mains)
- Tier – III (Interview)
Tier I Exam Pattern – It contains four different sections like in SSC CGL exam. It contains 100 questions of 100 Marks. And you have a time of 1 hour to attempt the question. Exam contains a negative marking of 0.25 marks. You will be able to appear for Tier II exam only after you meet the cut off for Tier I. It will an Objective type paper where you will be provided with four options and you have to choose the right one
|Subject||Number of Ques||Maximum Marks||Time alloted|
Tier II Exam Pattern – It contains 2 Sections, Which will be of 50 marks in total. It will a subjective paper where you need to write essay and other things on paper. And to clear the Tier II exam candidate must score minimum 33% Marks.
|Essay||30 Marks||1 Hour|
Tier III – Interview – It will be of 100 Marks.
Candidates will be selected for interview on the basis of performance in Tier I & Tier II. Final result will be on the basis of combined marks of all the 3 tiers, i.e final marks will be out of 250. You need to work hard for all the three tiers because each question counts.
IB ACIO Exam Syllabus (latest) :
- Reasoning (Full Syallabus for ACIO Reasoning Sect.)
Last year questions came from these topics This Year Questions may additionally come from Blood Relation Odd One Out Alphabetical Series Syllogism Analogy Mirror Image Questions Coding & Decoding Paper folding & Cutting Seating Arrangement Counting Squares or Rectangles Number Series Matrix Direction Sense Calculations Statement & Conclusion Dictionary words order Missing Terms Venn Diagrams Ranking Cubes & Dice Questions Calendar based Questions
- General Awareness (Full IB ACIO Syllabus)
Subjects Important Topics Current Affairs Sports News, Latest Missiles & Satellites, Government Schemes, Any Amendment in Constitution, Current Repo rate, Reverse Repo rate, Bank Rate and all other such rates, Questions related to defense sector & others etc. (Find sources to read below) History Modern History, Art and Culture, Ancient History (long list) Geography Indian Climate, Soil, Agriculture, Rainfall, Crops, Industries etc. Economics & Finance Indian Market, Economic terms, GDP, Budget, GST, Niti Aayog Etc Polity & Constitution Constitution, Parliament & Others Science & Tech Biology, Physics & Chemistry
- Quantitative Aptitude (full IB ACIO Syllabus)
Last Year Questions came from these topics This year questions may come additionally from Number System Date Interpretation (Pie Charts & Bar Diagrams) LCM – HCF Trigonometry Profit & Loss Mensuration Boats & Streams Histograms Percentage Algebras Ratio, Mixture & Allegations Simple Interest Time and Work Compound Interest Speed Time & Distance AP , GP Probability, P & C Average Geomatry
- English ( Full IB ACIO Syllabus)
Topics Synonym & Antonym Spelling Mistakes Idioms & Phrases Active – Passive Voice One word Substitution Finding Errors Reading Comprehension Cloze Test Parajumbles Sentence Improvement Preposition
So these were the major topics that you need to cover from Intelligence Bureau IB ACIO Exam Syllabus 2017.
IB ACIO Previous Year Cut Off marks and other Important Analysis :
Intelligence Bureau never publish any official notification about any kind of cut off marks. So don’t waste your precious time in doing wasteful searches on internet. However based on discussions all over the internet, I can give you an Idea about the expected cut off for IB ACIO Exam 2017. Several Websites claims to show IB ACIO Previous Year cut off but that’s all fake.
Tier I – for General (65-70), for OBC (60-65), for SC (55-60), for ST (50-55)
Tier II – for General (30), for OBC (25), for SC (20), for ST (15)
Lets have a look at the IB ACIO Exam previous year’s vacancies and IB ACIO Previous years Question Paper
|Year||Vacancies||Old Question Papers|
|2010||750||Click here to download – 2010 Paper|
|2012||750||Click Here to Download – 2012 Paper|
|2013||750||Click Here to Download – 2013 Paper|
|2014||750||Click Here to Download – 2014 Paper|
|2015||No Vacancy||No Exam|
|2016||No Vacancy||No Exam|
|2017||1430||You will provide this to me 🙂|
This is all we have, Intellegence Bureau never publish how many applicants were there or how many cleared tier I or II etc. But we got an idea that we have more number of vacancy this year which is a good news. And at the same time competition has increased manifold which is not a good news. No doubt you have to work harder to get through. SO just go through old question paper to understand what kind of questions IB like to ask. Also check IB ACIO Exam modal paper, there are so many websites out there providing model papers in very low prices.
How to and from where prepare to Prepare for Intellegence Bureau IB ACIO Exam.
- Since you don’t have much time to waste, exam is going to held in the month of October 2017, you have approximately one month to prepare or may be a little more. So first thing you need to do is to identify the important topics from all four sections and prepare those topics very well. Do not waste time on topics that are very less/not important. You need to focus on quality of your preparation. Instead of putting focus on quantity , focus on quality.
- While preparing make notes of all maths tricks and shortcut and revise them frequently. And also note down the exceptions from English Grammar that will help in solving “finding errors” (Important Topic)
- Practice a lot whatever you have prepared, that is the trick to clear the IB ACIO exam, that is what you have been looking all over the internet. Practicing is equally important as the syllabus. As I have explained the important of Practice in my other posts (IBPS PO Preperation & SSC Scientific Asst Exam Prep). You won’t be able to make through without practice unless you took birth with an extraordinary abilities to learn things.
- Equally important is Time Management. While taking exam you mind should be active with good decision making abilities. As you need to answer 100 questions in 60 Minutes. It means you have to answer a question in less than 40 sec, which is practically impossible. So select the easiest 70-80 questions which you can answer with 100% surety.
- Don’t forget to Join online test series for IB ACIO Exam, there are plenty of sites that provide online test series. Test series helps you in identifying your weakness. so identify and mitigate you weak areas on time.
- Last, I would say guys, in exam me akkad bakkad nhi chalta, agar bina prep k exam dene ja rahe ho to time waste kar rahe ho, usse acha to act 2 popcorn khate hue koi achi si movie dekho. Or agar “Tricks” dhundte hue is page pe aye ho. Or sara page padne k baad ye line bhi pad rahe ho to my friend internet pe 1000s sites hai, tum tricks hi dhundte reh jaoge or tumhara 1 birthday or nikal jayega. Is exam me trick nhi, preparation / hard work chalta hai. Or agar ye soch k prepare nhi kar rahe ki “sarkari naukri me paisa chalta hai” to bahot galat sochte ho. Ye sirf hard work na karne ka ek popular or boring excuse hai. I have seen people who did real hard work and got through the exam. I believe anybody can clear IB ACIO exam.
Now the books or Sources to prepare for Intelligence Bureau IB ACIO Exam
|Subject||Books / Online Source|
Note – 1 – Find videos on SBI quant section – it contains tricks to solve quant questions in very less time, and is useful for all Govt Exam. It contains major topics. Those videos are for SBI PO Purpose, so you don’t need to get in so deep. Just Select important topics and watch the tricks to solve them and then practice. Remaining topics & to revise, you can buy a book by RS Aggarwal
That’s all for this exam guys, work hard & get through the exam. All the best!!