Important Tips to Prepare or Crack IBPS Clerk Exam 2017
Now the notification for IBPS Clerk Exam 2017 is out, candidates have been looking for tips or tricks or methods or shortcuts etc to clear the clerical exam for Banks through IBPS. So here in this post you will find many important things that will help you to get through the exam this year. Clerical job is a small post for BE Btech MBA Mtech students. But it is not s small post now. Spend 3 years of your life as a clerk in bank and you will be promoted to Bank PO (Assistant Manager) (I have seen one of my friend recently got promoted in Karur Vyasa Bank from a clerk post an became assistant manager) and after couple of more years you will get a chance to become a manager. Is it really a low status post? Well, I don’t think Bank Clerks is a low status post. You are reading this post which means you made a right decision.
Recently (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) IBPS , a recruitment company has released notification for 7875 Clerks in 20 participating banks. And the last date to apply is 03 Oct 2017.
Before you start preparing for any Exam (Govt exam, college exam, company exam etc ), you must have a full knowledge of syllabus, kind of questions IBPS ask in exam, previous cut off marks, how many candidates took the previous exam etc. All this information will give you a rough idea about the level of preparation you need, how much time you need for preparation, what topics you need to cover to score more marks & several other things.
Lakhs of candidates take the exam. I will not say that all of them are serious but you will find 20-30 % are serious for the exam. If 5 lakh candidates (Just an example) takes the exam. 1 lakh candidates you will find are serious about the preparation.. right? They will try to read all those things that are trying to read. And you know out of those 1 lakh serious candidates only 8000 will get the job (In real competition number of serious candidates would be much higher, i just considered the minimum possible figure). So to get selected in those 8000 candidates you need to extraordinary preparation. You need to grab that important nerve which others are missing. Then only you will be able to crack the IBPS Clerks Exam 2017. I will be telling you about that important nerve that I came to know after watching many videos on preparation and talking to my friends who already cleared the exam, visiting forums where people are talking about the preparations etc.
We will start with the IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern 2017 [latest pattern] and their Selection Procedure :
There are few changes in the latest pattern this year. read the pattern carefully. IBPS Clerk Exam 2017 will be conducted in two phases. There is no Interview phase for this exam.
I. Preliminary Exam
II. Mains Exam
Important Points regarding the exam pattern of IBPS Clerk Exam 2017 :
- This is just qualifying exam in nature it means marks that you will score in prelims will not be considered for the final result.
- You will be able to take IBPS Clerk Mains exam only after you clear the Prelims exam.
- There will be negative marking of .25 marks in both prelims and mains exam
- There is no Interview
- Marks scored only in Mains exam will be considered for final result.
- There will be Section cut Off as well as Overall cutoff.
- There is an increase if difficulty level in mains 2017. So you have to prepare accordingly. You need to spend more time in preparation.
IBPS CLERK PRELIMS EXAM PATTERN :
|Subject||No. of Questions||Max. Marks||Time allotted|
IBPS CLERK MAINS EXAM PATTERN :
|Subject||No. Of Question||Marks||Time Allotted|
|Reasoning + Computer||50||60||45 Min|
|Quant Aptitude||50||50||45 Min|
|General Awareness||50||50||35 Min|
This was all about Exam pattern and this is the latest pattern for 2017 Exam
Now, the IBPS Clerk Exam Syllabus 2017 [latest syllabus] and important books to prepare :
Topic Weightage for Prelims Sitting Arrangements /Puzzles (linear, circular, rectangular, row, floor based etc) 10-15 Que (Moderate to difficult in Difficulty, time consuming) Need lot of practice, learn technique to solve. Number Series 5 Que (Easy if you are able to Identify the pattern) Need regular Practice, when you solve atleast 500 questions you will come across approx. all possible patterns Inequality 5 Que (Easy, Less time consuming) Need to learn proper technique, doesn’t need lot of practice but if you practice no loss at all. Syllogism 0-5 Que( Easy, Less time consuming) Easy only if you have proper technique and have done enough practice, else you will end up with wrong answers. Data Sufficiency & Desicion Making (Generally comes in Mains) 0-10 (Average in difficulty, Avg in time consumption) Need enough practice Order and Ranking
(arrange by height, weight, age etc)
0-5 (less time consuming, Average in difficulty) Practice will make you perfect. Blood Relation 2-5 (Easy, Time Consuming) Know the trick & practice Coding – Decoding 0-5 (Time Consuming, Avg in difficulty) Need to know the technique & require lot of practice Distance Direction 0-2 (Easy, Less time Consuming) Practice only
- Quant Aptitude
Topic Weightage for Prelims Simplification (based on BODMAS rule etc) 5 Que (Easy, less time consuming) Must Prepare, There is a Technique to solve in no time. Number Series (Missing term, Wrong term, complete the series etc 5 Que (Easy and less time consuming) You need to do lot of practice to get familiar with the possible patterns Data Interpretation 5-10 Ques (combination of easy and Average) Learn Technique to solve questions and solve questions as much as possible. Improve your speed Algebra 0-5 Que (Easy if know the trick) Need to know the proper steps to be followed and practice Quadratic Equation 0-5 (Easy & less time) Learn trick and Practice Others (Time & Work, Percentage, Interest, Speed & Distance, Profit & loss, Average, Ratio & proportion, Permutaion & Combination, Probability, Mensuration) Remaining Questions will be out of these (Mixture of easy, avg, difficult question) Need to know tricks, You need enough practice and while taking the exam only attempt the easy, less time consuming question. If you don’t know the trick, Don’t start applying Class 7th math formula to solve everything. Waste of time
Topic Weightage in Prelims Reading Comprehension 10 Que (time consuming, average in difficulty) Vocab Should be strong, You need Practicing because many question aren’t asked directly, Learn technique Cloze Test 5-10 Que (less time consuming, Easy to average in difficulty) Need good command in Vacab, grammer specifically prepositions, Need to practice various type of questions Para jumbles 0-5 Que (Time consuming, Average in difficulty) Learn Technique and Practice Fill in the blanks 0-5 Que (Easy & Moderate) Strong Vocabulary and good hold of Grammar and of course Practice Spotting Error 0-5 Que (Easy, less time consuming) Easy if you have a strong hold of Grammar Spellings 0-5 Que (easy and less time consuming)
Read the above IBPS Clerk Syllabus 2017 carefully and make your plan accordingly. Find the important books at the bottom of the post
Now the IBPS Clerk Previous year Cut off and IBPS Clerk Previous Year Papers
These figures are the reason why the exam will be difficult to crack this year. Simply the number of vacancies decreased by 60% and the number of applicants have increased. You have to do real hard work.
Important Points to remember while you prepare for IBPS Clerk Exam 2017 and While you take the real Exam:
- Read the syllabus carefully and make a plan to proceed. Select and prepare the important topics first.
- Divide all topics in the remaining days for exam.. Select the topics, Learn the trick to solve the problems and solve questions as many as possible. But do practice because without practice your time is waste, your money is waste. PRACTICE Daily. Find the source below to learn the Tricks
- In the last 15 days before the Real exam, take Mock tests. Mock test will help you indentify your strengths and Weakness. You need to overcome you weak are areas in order to clear the exam.
- Now while taking the real exam, You should focus on Time Management. As it is impossible to answer 100 questions in 60 Minutes. So you need to select the questions carefully that you need to answer.
- Your exam will be a mixture of Easy, Average and difficult questions. And easy questions are generally time consuming question, this is the reason easy questions are there. So don’t fall into that trap. And it doesn’t mean all easy questions are trap. Spend 2-3 seconds to read and understand the question and instantly decide whether it is helpful to attempt or not.
Sources to Prepare for IBPS Clerk Exam 2017
|Subject||Books with Authors & links to buy or Read|
|Quant Aptitude||* Youtube Videos by Meritshine – Click here to Watch (Read Note 1 below) |
* Magical Maths – M. Tyra – Click to Buy (Only buy if you have good memory to remember shortcut else you will mix up everything
* Online Practice – Click here to Practice for free
* Offline Practice Set – CLick here to Check
|English|| * Word Power made Easy – Norman Lewis- Click here to buy * General English for Grammer – SP Bakshi – Click to Buy|
* Revision – Paramount Coaching notes – Click to Buy
|Reasoning|| * Youtube Videos by Meritshine – Click here to Watch * Online Practice – Click here to Practice for free|
* Offline Practice Set – CLick here to Check
* Join Test Series by ( Testbook, Gradeup, Oliveboard whatever You think is best)
|General Awareness||* Current Affairs – Click to read for free * NCERT (6-10) for Static GK – Click here to read for free |
* General Knowledge Book by Lucent – Click here to Buy
* Join test Series and Practice questions
Note 1 : These Youtube videos have title of SBI PO. But you don’t need to worry, syllabus is approximately same with very minor differences. You will find all tricks in these videos that you need to clear IBPS CWE Clerk Exam 2017
Good luck for your Exam !!